Welcome to Directorate of
Information and Communication Technology Services
About the Directorate
DICTS (Formerly CCIS/POLYICT) is a support/service department was establish in 2004 (with collaboration from the Belgium government through VVOB) to propel the then Kenya Polytechnic into the modern technological arena through adoption of ICT in management, teaching and learning.
With the ongoing changes taking place within the institution as a result of transition to Technical University, DICTS is also undergoing a metamorphosis to ensure that it remains the driving force in the institution’s transformation. DICTS offers ICT support to management, administrative and academic departments /sections within the institution to ensure that data flows efficiently and machines run reliably.
The main objectives guiding the activities of the DICTS are:
- *To equip students and the general public with broad and practical knowledge in language use and communicative competencies necessary for everyday interaction.
- *Ensure the application of ICT to enhance the quality of learning [Integrate ICT in curriculum]
- *Partnership with stakeholders and other established ICT Bodies
- *Ensure the proper management and maintenance of ICT resources and tools
- *Facilitate the implementation of communication and information systems for the effective management of the university.